Bruno Cerqueira is a partner in the Capital Markets & Securitization practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown at the São Paulo office.
Bruno is a lawyer and studies for a PhD in commercial law at the University of São Paulo; he holds a masters in commercial law from the University of São Paulo and has over 15 years of experience in capital markets, corporate and banking law. Throughout these years, Bruno has worked with a wide range of securities, including: (1) shares (IPOs, Follow-Ons and public tender offerings); (2) debentures (including for infrastructure); (3) commercial paper; (4) shares in investment funds (receivables funds, private equity funds, real estate funds and multimarket funds); (5) real estate-backed securities (real estate credit bills, real estate credit notes and real estate receivables certificates); and (6) agribusiness securities (rural producer notes, agribusiness credit certificates, agribusiness deposit certificates/agribusiness warrants, agribusiness credit bills and agribusiness receivables certificates). Bruno is also the author of several articles on agribusiness and scholarly works on this subject.
He focuses his practice on fixed income transactions, securitizations and investment funds. Bruno was lead counsel in the first issue of agribusiness receivables certificates registered with the Brazilian Securities Commission (2009). He was also one of the lawyers involved in Burger King’s issue of agribusiness receivables certificates and Cyrela’s issue of real estate receivables certificates, which set precedents used by the market to this date.
- Represented XP Investimentos in Burger King’s issue of agribusiness receivables certificates;
- Represented Cyrela in several securitizations;
- Represented Localiza in the securitization of its head office;
- Represented XP Investimentos in the formation of XP Malls Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário;
- Represented XP Investimentos in the formation of XP Industrial Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário;
- Represented Iridium in the formation of its real estate fund;
- Represented Banco Bradesco BBI in the public offering of agribusiness receivables certificates backed by debentures issued by Grupo Pão de Açúcar;
- Represented Banco Bradesco BBI and Banco BTG Pactual in two issues of real estate receivables certificates by Grupo Iguatemi;
- Represented RB Capital in several securitizations involving VLI; and
- Represented Banco Votorantim in several securitizations and issues of debentures.
Universidade de São Paulo , – USP: Studying for a PhD in Commercial Law
Universidade de São Paulo , Master of Law
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo
- Revista Capital Aberto’s Guest Lecturer for Workshops on Agribusiness Securities held in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 and for the Refresher Capital Markets Course of 2017;
- UQBAR’s Guest Lecturer for the Securitization Seminar of 2016
- Guest Teacher at Fundação Getúlio Vargas in 2011 for the class on “Banking Contracts”
- Assistant Teacher in the Corporate Law and Capital Markets course coordinated by lawyers Marcelo Trindade (former chairman of the Brazilian Securities Commission) and Luiz Antonio Sampaio Campos (former director of the Brazilian Securities Commission). From May, 2004, to June, 2005