Public sector and private sector clients turn to Jeromy Cannon for counsel on transactional, legislative and regulatory matters in state/local government and public finance law.
Infrastructure Development: Clients also trust Jeromy for advice as government entity counsel, sponsor’s counsel, and lenders’ counsel, on path-breaking transactions in the infrastructure sector, regarding:
- Marine ports
- Public parking
- University energy projects
- Mass transit
- Lottery concessions
- Other public-private partnerships
Public Finance: Clients come to Jeromy as bond counsel, underwriters’ counsel, issuer’s counsel, conduit borrower’s counsel, and credit enhancer’s counsel, for advice on:
- Financings – including government-purpose projects, single-family housing, multi-family housing, solid-waste disposal facilities, professional sports stadiums, educational institutions and healthcare providers
- Transaction structuring and disclosure issues – including advising issuer/underwriter clients on the ever-evolving standards for disclosure and Securities and Exchange Commission initiatives
- Economic development incentives
- Legislative drafting
- Statutory interpretation
Clients also leverage Jeromy’s experience as sole bond and disclosure counsel for the State of Illinois from November 2011 through January 2014, whereby Jeromy led significant revisions and enhancements to the State’s disclosure regarding pension and OPEB liabilities and budget and financial information.
Clients served by Jeromy include the City of Chicago, the Texas Department of Transportation, and the Port Authority of Jamaica.
- CenTrio Energy regarding the long-term concession of on-campus utility systems at Louisiana State University and Eastern Michigan University.
- A consortium in connection with the possible long-term concession of an on-campus utility system at the University of Maryland (College Park campus).
- A consortium in connection with the possible long-term concession of an on-campus utility system at the University of Florida (Gainesville campus).
- A consortium concerning the possible long-term concession of various toll road assets of the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority.
- The Port Authority of Jamaica with respect to the proposed long-term concession and lease of the Kingston Container Terminal.
- The Texas Department of Transportation with respect to the design-build procurement of several road projects, including the Loop 1604 Western Extension near San Antonio, the US 77 upgrade near Corpus Christi, the SH 71 managed lanes project in Austin and the Energy Sector Roadway Repair project located throughout south and central Texas.
- The Puerto Rico Public-Private Partnerships Authority and the Puerto Rico Ports Authority on the long-term concession of San Juan Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport. The transaction was named as Project Finance International's "P3 Deal of the Year" for the Americas in 2013 and North America Transport Deal of the Year 2013 by Project Finance.
- The Port of Americas Authority, a governmental entity of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, on the proposed concession of its Port of the Americas container terminal in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- A proposed equity investment in a concession transaction involving certain public garages and the metered parking system in the City of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- The Port of Portland (Oregon) on the lease of its Terminal 6 container facility to International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTSI), the first US port investment of the Philippines-based company.
- A bidder on the proposed concession of certain Pittsburgh Parking Authority parking garages and lots and the City of Pittsburgh's metered parking system.
- CenterPoint Properties on its $8.9 billion proposal to enter into a long-term public-private partnership related to the Port of Virginia and advised Virginia Port Partners on a subsequent proposal to enter into a public-private partnership related to the Port of Virginia.
- The City of Chicago on the proposed long-term concession and lease of Chicago Midway International Airport.
- Private-sector bidder with respect to the proposed privatizations of the Illinois Lottery and the Indiana Lottery.
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on the proposed $12.8 billion long-term concession and lease of the Pennsylvania Turnpike with Citi Infrastructure Investors and Abertis Infraestructuras S.A.
- The Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority in the $603 million concession and lease of the Northwest Parkway in Colorado with Brisa Auto-estradas de Portugal, S.A. and Companhia de Concessões Rodoviárias, awarded Project Finance North American Transport Deal of the Year 2007.
- The City of Chicago and the Chicago Park District in the $563 million concession and lease of the over 9,000-space Chicago downtown underground public parking system to the infrastructure fund of Morgan Stanley, the first privatization of an existing municipal public parking system in the United States.
- The Chicago Transit Authority, as bond counsel, in connection with multiple issuances of the CTA's Sales Tax Receipts Revenue Bonds and Sales Tax Receipts Second Lien Revenue Bonds since 2014.
- The Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, as bond counsel, in connection with several issuances of its Toll Highway Senior Revenue Bonds from 2014 through 2016.
- The City of Chicago, as bond counsel, with respect to multiple issuances and remarketing transactions for Midway Airport Revenue Bonds since 2009.
- The City of Chicago, as bond counsel, with respect to multiple issuances of O’Hare Airport Revenue Bonds from 2016 through 2018.
- Various investment banks, as underwriters’ counsel, in connection with offerings by the City of Chicago of O’Hare Airport Revenue Bonds since 2020.
- The City of Chicago, as bond counsel, in connection with its $171,800,000 Chicago O’Hare International Airport Customer Facility Charge Senior Lien Refunding Bonds, Series 2023.
- The State of Illinois, from November 2011 through January 2014, as bond and disclosure counsel, with respect to general obligation bonds, sales tax revenue bonds and unemployment insurance revenue bonds in an aggregate principal amount in excess of $7 billion.
- Various investment banks, as underwriters’ counsel, in connection with offerings by the State of Illinois of general obligation bonds since 2017.
- The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, as disclosure counsel, in connection with the District's issuance of $295,805,000 principal amount of 2014 general obligation bonds.
- The Illinois Finance Authority, as issuer's counsel, in connection with the IFA's Clean Water Initiative Revolving Fund Revenue Bonds, Series 2013.
- The County of Cook, Illinois, as bond counsel, in connection with the County's $90 million Sales Tax Revenue Bonds, Series 2012.
- The Illinois Housing Development Authority, as issuer's counsel, on a wide variety of its public finance offerings.
- An international energy company, as company counsel, on tax-exempt bond financings for solid waste disposal facilities.
- A major northern Illinois healthcare provider, as company counsel, on its tax-exempt bond financings.
Valparaiso University School of Law, JD, summa cum laude
Associate Editor, Law Review
Truman State University, BA, summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa