Richard Bruckner is a senior land use specialist in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Richard was director of Los Angeles County’s Department of Regional Planning, which provides advance planning, current planning and land use regulation enforcement for the unincorporated area of the county, which has a population of approximately one million. Prior to that, he was the director of planning and development for the City of Pasadena, with responsibilities in citywide economic development, planning, building, code enforcement, cultural affairs, real estate and the management of eight redevelopment projects areas . Previous to his work for Pasadena, he served as the deputy executive director of the Community Development Department for the City of Anaheim, California.
Ohio State University, MA, City and Regional Planning
- American Planning Association, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Advisory Board Member, Los Angeles District
- Planning Commission, City of Arcadia (1996-2001)
- First Tee, Pasadena - Advisory Board of Directors
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation – Board Member
- The Ohio State University – City and Regional Planning Advisory Committee Member