Flavio Amaral Garcia is a partner in the Public Law practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. He advises clients on advisory and litigation issues involving Public Law, with a special emphasis on topics related to bids and contracts, administrative issues, public service concessions, public-private partnerships and regulatory issues.
With more than 25 years of experience in Public Law, Flávio has worked in highly complex judicial and arbitration disputes, in addition to drafting legal opinions in the advisory field. In the public sector, he was Deputy Attorney General of the State of Rio de Janeiro, and has also participated in working groups set up by the Federal Government to improve Administrative Law legislation, especially involving infrastructure and administrative processes. He is an arbitrator listed in several chambers, with intense activity in arbitrations involving the Public Administration.
University of Coimbra, PhD
Universidade Candido Mendes, Master of Law
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/RJ), MBA
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro School of Law (FND/UFRJ), Bachelor of Law
- Attorney for the State of Rio de Janeiro (Brasil) 1996 - current
- Arbitrator 2019 - current
- Professor - Getulio Vargas Foundation (FGV, Rio de Janeiro) 2008 - current
- Professor of Administrative Law - School of Judges for the State of Rio de Janeiro (EMERJ) 2018
- Professor of Administrative Law - Postgraduate course, Superior School of Public Advocacy (ESAP) 2018
- Recognized by Leaders League Brasil 2023 as Excellent in the Public Law.