Mayer Brown is an international law firm with an established presence in Mexico offering both international and local capabilities to serve clients investing in areas such as energy, infrastructure, aviation, telecommunications and private equity. Our team has substantial experience handling all types of corporate, finance, M&A and regulatory matters to meet international standards. Moreover, we have the ability to negotiate complex and sophisticated contracts in English and Spanish.
Our experience in Mexico has grown over several decades. In 2015, as part of our business plan, we opened an office in Mexico City, solidifying our position as a market leader in the energy practice.
The firm’s lawyers provide a full range of legal services to leading global companies and financial institutions on matters such as complex cross-border deals and industry-specific issues. Key groups within Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice include Mergers & Acquisitions; Private Equity, Funds & Investment Management; and Technology Transactions.
Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance team in Mexico advises on innovative international, cross-border and domestic deals related to asset and project finance, bank lending, acquisition and leveraged finance, and trade finance, as well as structured finance and derivatives.
Mayer Brown has built a long and successful track record in working with international companies entering Mexico. Guiding clients through their acquisitions outside of their home market takes not just transactional legal knowledge but also an extremely well-judged approach to client service. Our fully integrated team works closely with clients, providing insight and solutions that other firms may struggle to present.
The firm’s Mexico City office has an in-depth focus on the oil, gas and power industry needs of our clients. Benefits we offer include:
- Detailed knowledge of Mexico’s new oil and gas legal and power frameworks, as well as substantial experience with similar legal frameworks in other Latin American countries, particularly Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru.
- Broad experience in tender processes organized by the Mexican government, its regulatory agencies and operating companies, and the successful preparation and submission of bid proposals.
- Highly refined skills in the negotiation and drafting of all kinds of commercial agreements related to the exploration, development, production and commercialization of oil and gas, including, among others, license, production-sharing, consortium, joint bidding, joint development and joint operating agreements.
- Highly refined skills in the negotiation and drafting of all commercial agreements related to power generation projects in a competitive environment, including fuel procurement and transportation, EPC and O&M contracts, and power sales agreements.
- A team of skilled bilingual and bicultural lawyers with experience in international oil and gas and electric generation matters, including lawyers who are licensed to practice law in New York and Mexico and in other jurisdictions in Latin America.
Director of Administration - US Houston
Public Relations Contact
Assistant Director of Public Relations
Marketing and Business Development Manager