We would be delighted if you could join members of the Mayer Brown global healthcare team as they lead a series of discussions around developments, opportunities and challenges being faced by international businesses with sights on the China healthcare sector. Regulatory reforms, increased access to outside investment and growing market demand have all contributed to a rapidly developing healthcare landscape. Members of our team will be joined by guest speakers as we take a look at the significant opportunities and challenges in the region.
1. Lessons Learned from Negotiating Collaborations with Public Institutions in China - the Corporate Perspective
Palle Jakobsen, Senior Licensing Director, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, Novo Nordisk A/S
With direct experience of a number of successful transactions with public institutions in the region for Novo Nordisk, an early entrant to the Chinese market, Palle Jakobsen will consider:
- Common negotiation issues
- Negotiation style
- Building relationships
2. Navigating the Business and Regulatory Environment - Structuring a Successful Deal
Ian Lewis, Partner, Corporate & Securities, Mayer Brown
Sangeeta Puran, Senior Associate, Global Healthcare Group, Mayer Brown International LLP
Beijing based partner, Ian Lewis, will be joined by London associate, Sangeeta Puran, as they consider the key issues facing foreign participants setting up and structuring collaborations and joint ventures in the Chinese business environment:
- Market overview - domestic pharmaceutical companies, foreign invested companies and government participation policies
- Regulatory framework - managing the risks, meeting the requirements and taking the opportunities
- Deal execution - structuring a deal and negotiating the documentation
3. Outlook and Insights - Market Trends and Future Prospects
Sarah Byrt, Partner, Global Healthcare Group, Mayer Brown International LLP
Leo Gribben, Life Sciences Specialist, Ernst & Young
Ian Harvey, Chairman, IP Institute
Khawar Mann, Co-Head, Global Healthcare Team, Apax Partners
London partner, Sarah Byrt, will lead our invited panellists in a discussion regarding future prospects, anticipated trends and the predicted performance of core market participants in the region.
We hope you are able to join us for what will be an interactive, informative and practical series of discussions.
We look forward to seeing you.
Registration 2:00 p.m.
Presentation 2:30 p.m. - 5.30pm
Drinks and canapés 5:30 p.m.
Mayer Brown International LLP, 201 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 3AF