‘Perry Yam puts his clients first. Perry’s team are amongst the most active lawyers in the Private Equity market which has the advantage that they have seen it all before. Perry will also roll his sleeves up and get stuck in. He is a very strong advocate for his team and puts them front and centre.’Legal 500 2022 Hall of Fame
Perry Yam是孖士打（Mayer Brown）伦敦办事处的合伙人，也是本所全球公司及证券业务部的联席主管。他逾25年的执业经验涵盖许多资产类别，包括处理风险和开发资本交易、管理层收购和私人公司并购，以及协助投资者、管理团队和被投资公司实施买入重建（buy-and-build）策略和进行退出交易。
- Advised Vitruvian Partners, in its acquisition of AnyVan Group, an online booking platform that allows private and business customers to book a broad range of delivery services via their online marketplace.
- Advised Marlin Equity Partners on their acquisitions of Learning Pool, a market-leading eLearning company.
- Advised the Halifax Group in a carve-out from packaging business Sonoco to Halifax-backed Prairie Industries Holdings.
- Advised Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Rydoo from Sodexo, a leading global SaaS solution for managing expense reports and business travel.
- Advised The Halifax Group on its acquisition of Sonoco's European contract packaging business.
- Advised Inspirit Capital on its acquisition of the energy business of Lloyd's Register Group.
- Advised CBPE Capital LLP on its investment in Perspective Financial Group Limited.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its investment in Sykes Holiday Cottages.
- Advised Instinctif Partners on backing from LDC.
- Advised AURELIUS on its acquisition of BT Fleet Solutions from BT Group PLC, through a complex carve-out, and on the long-term outsourcing agreement entered into between BT Group PLC and BT Fleet Solutions.
- Advised Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of, and acquisition financing in relation to, Travel Counsellors, a UK based travel agents network.
- Advised Halifax Group, a leading US based mid-market private equity firm, on the sale of the Pirtek Europe to PNC Riverarch Capital, a US-based private equity firm. Pirtek Europe is the leading on-site provider of hydraulic hose replacement and associated services across Europe.
- Advised London-based private equity client Stirling Square Capital Partners LLP on the acquisition of The Magnum Corporation and its subsidiaries including Caltherm Corporation in the US and Vernet SAS in France.
- Advised Woolrich International Limited, one of the world's leading manufacturers of outdoor lifestyle apparel, on the acquisition of a minority stake in the company by Goldwin Inc.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners and its portfolio company JAC Travel on its sale to Australian-listed travel company Webjet Limited for £200 million.
- Advised Aurelius Equity Opportunities, the equity investment entity of Aurelius Group, the pan-European asset manager, on the acquisition of leading UK online photo retailer Wex Photographic and merger with portfolio company Calumet.
- Advised H.I.G Capital, a leading global private equity investment firm, and the management team, on the sale of Fibercore Limited, a world leader in the design and manufacture of specialty optical fiber, to Humanetics Innovative Solutions, Inc., a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, the private equity firm based in San Francisco.
- Advised the main shareholders of OpenCloud Limited, which included private equity funds Advent Venture Partners, the New Zealand Venture Fund and Nokia, on its sale to Metaswitch Networks Limited, a leading cloud native communications software company.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on the $215 million acquisition of OAG Aviation Holdings Limited, a global leader in aviation information and intelligence, from AXIO Data Group Limited.
- Advised private equity house FTV Capital on its investment in UK financial services integrated technology platform True Potential.
- Advised private equity house Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of TotalStay Group.
- Advised founder and shareholders of online wine business Naked Wines, on all aspects of the sale of Naked Wines to Majestic Wines plc.
- Perry Yam heads Mayer Brown's London private equity practice and is co-head of its global corporate practice. He represents well-known private equity sponsors in a variety of deals. "Perry is commercial and practical. I enjoy working with him." (Chambers UK 2022).
- Listed in the Hall of Fame, Practice head Perry Yam has decades of experience in this sector and close links to a number of the firm's key buyout house clients, who praise him for 'putting his clients first'. ‘Perry Yam puts his clients first. By reminding us of how active MB is in its market place it makes it very hard to go anywhere else. Perry’s team are amongst the most active lawyers in the Private Equity market which has the advantage that they have seen it all before. Perry will also roll his sleeves up and get stuck in. He is a very strong advocate for his team and puts them front and centre.’ (Legal 500 2022).
- Perry Yam heads Mayer Brown's London private equity practice and is co-head of its global corporate practice. He represents well-known private equity sponsors in a variety of deals. "Perry is terrific. His bedside manner and professionalism are amazing." (Chambers UK 2021).
- Listed as a 'Leading individual' for Private Equity, ‘Perry Yam and James West are guys that I trust and very much enjoy working with.’ (Legal 500 2021).
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual'. (Chambers UK 2020).
- Listed as a 'Leading Individual', 'Perry Yam leads the team and provides clear direction as to what is important'. He 'is an experienced PE lawyer who is commercial and gets involved in key decisions.' He 'is an action-oriented senior partner with a ruthless focus on getting to an actionable piece of advice and applying decades of experience to demystify and resolve complex topics. He sets extremely high standards'. (Legal 500 2020).
- Perry Yam heads the Mayer Brown International LLP London private equity practice, and is described by one interviewee as "an incredibly tenacious lawyer" who is "all over the detail and completely committed to clients, and drives exceptionally high standards." He specialises in transactions in the mid-market, and is experienced in the representation of major European private equity houses. (Chambers UK 2019).
- Highly regarded (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity).
- The private equity team attracts high praise for its "in-depth understanding of structuring private equity deals". Group head Perry Yam has been instrumental in the growth of the firm's practice, particularly in the midmarket space. He is "client-centric and savvy" (Legal 500 2018).