Legal 500 2023, Next Generation Partner
‘James West is very strong at building relationships with opposing counsel.’ He 'is highly responsive and a pleasure to work with.’
- Omni Partners, an investment management firm focused on private markets, on its acquisition of the LED phototherapy business, Aesthetic Technology.
- Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in Cloud Technology Solutions Group - one of Europe’s largest and fastest growing Google Cloud partners.
- Inspirit Capital, a UK based PE investment fund, in connection with its acquisition of the Civil Training business of Babcock International plc.
- Recipe Products Limited, trading as Curlsmith, on its acquisition by US-based Helen of Troy Limited for US$150 million.
- Aurelius on its acquisition of the Lloyds pharmacy business from McKesson Corporation.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, a cottage rental agency backed by private equity firm Vitruvian Partners, on its acquisition of Forest Holidays, the UK's leading owner and operator of environmentally sensitive cabins.
- Geopost, the international express deliveries arm of the La Poste group, in the acquisition of Citysprint, a leading same-day delivery company in the UK, from private equity firm LDC (Managers) Limited.
- Vitruvian Partners, in its acquisition of AnyVan Group, an online booking platform that allows private and business customers to book a broad range of delivery services via their online marketplace.
- Marlin Equity Partners, the global investment firm, on its majority investment in Silobreaker, a leading provider of risk and threat intelligence solutions
- Marlin Equity Partners on their acquisitions of Learning Pool, a market-leading eLearning company.
- The Halifax Group in a carve-out from packaging business Sonoco to Halifax-backed Prairie Industries Holdings.
- Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Rydoo from Sodexo, a leading global SaaS solution for managing expense reports and business travel.
- Vitruvian Partners on its investment in Sykes Holiday Cottages, the UK’s leading independent holiday home provider.to fund the group’s fast-growing plans for further UK and International expansion.
- Aurelius Equity Opportunities in the acquisition of leading end-to-end commercial fleet management operator, BT Fleet Solutions, from BT Group PLC.
- CBPE Capital in the acquisition of a majority stake in Perspective Financial Group Limited, a financial advisory aggregation business following approval from the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Patrick Drahi’s BidFair on acquisition of Sotheby’s.
- Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of, and acquisition financing in relation to, Travel Counsellors, a UK based travel agents network.
- Halifax Group, a leading US based mid-market private equity firm, on the sale of the Pirtek Europe to PNC Riverarch Capital, a US-based private equity firm. Pirtek Europe is the leading on-site provider of hydraulic hose replacement and associated services across Europe.
- Vitruvian Partners and its portfolio company JAC Travel on its sale to Australian-listed travel company Webjet Limited for £200 million.
- Aurelius Equity Opportunities, the equity investment entity of Aurelius Group, the pan-European asset manager, on the acquisition of leading UK online photo retailer Wex Photographic.
- H.I.G Capital, a leading global private equity investment firm, and the management team, on the sale of Fibercore Limited, a world leader in the design and manufacture of specialty optical fiber, to Humanetics Innovative Solutions, Inc., a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, the private equity firm based in San Francisco.
- Advised the main shareholders of OpenCloud Limited, which included private equity funds Advent Venture Partners, the New Zealand Venture Fund and Nokia, on its sale to Metaswitch Networks Limited, a leading cloud native communications software company.
- Vitruvian Partners on the $215 million acquisition of OAG Aviation Holdings Limited, a global leader in aviation information and intelligence, from AXIO Data Group Limited.
- Advised a US pharmaceuticals group and French pharmaceuticals company on the disposal of their joint venture business to a Swiss buyer.
- Advised private equity house Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition of TotalStay Group.
- Advised private equity house FTV Capital on its investment in UK financial services integrated technology platform True Potential.
- Advised private equity house CBPE Capital on its acquisition of a majority stake in Compre Limited, an independent run-off insurance specialist.
- Advised BlueBay Asset Management on corporate aspects of its financing of Tracscare.
- Advised private equity fund Virgin Green Fund on its investment in Virgin Pure, a producer and distributor of water purifiers.
- Advised Virgin Media Group in respect of it acquisition by Liberty Global for $23.3bn.
- Advised private equity firm AEA Investors in respect of their acquisition of the Dematic Group.
- Advised Goldman Sachs private equity in respect of their portfolio company MRC Global and its acquisition of the Fcx Transmark Group of companies.
10 月 10 日2022 年
4 月 17 日2020 年
9 月 24 日2019
University of Manchester, 法学学士
- James West is another key figure in the team and stood out in 2021 for his work on carve-out acquisitions. He is listed as a Next Generation Partner and key lawyer for Private Equity. The team (for us James West and Electra Callan) always perform to the highest standards and deliver to tight timelines. They have a unique ability to connect with their counterparties to ensure a seamless legal process and execution.’ ‘James West is very strong at building relationships with opposing counsel.’ ‘I worked with Perry Yam, James West, Electra Callan and Tarun Patel. All were exceptional.’ ‘Perry Yam leads the team effectively and is able to cut through complex problems. James West is highly responsive and a pleasure to work with’ (Legal 500 2023).
- Listed as a Next Generation Partner and key lawyer for Private Equity. ‘James West is an outstanding lawyer who has delivered for us time after time. No deal is too large or small. James has built strong rapport with my European colleagues who have also come to admire his energy, tenacity, flexibility and diligence. He is very comfortable with numbers and financial concepts which means our contracts are very robust time and again.’ (Legal 500 2022).
- ‘James West is an outstanding lawyer who has delivered for us time after time. No deal is too large or small’. (Legal 500 2022).
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and 'key lawyer' and recommended for Private Equity. 'Perry Yam and James West are guys that I trust and very much enjoy working with.’ (Legal 500 2021).
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and 'key lawyer', James West 'is strongly recommended for mid-market buyouts, venture capital work and advising both investors and management teams on buy-and-build strategies.' He 'is trusted and pragmatic; he is a low-ego, high-energy individual'. He is also 'a fantastic lawyer to work with. He is very responsive and able to address issues in a commercial way' (Legal 500 2020).
- Notable practitioner (IFLR 1000 2019 – Private Equity).
- "client-centric and savvy" (Legal 500 2018).