Laura D. Richman
Laura Richman serves clients on corporate governance issues and public disclosure obligations.
Securities and Exchange Commission: Laura advises clients on reports, such as proxy statements and annual, quarterly and current reports, including:
- Advising clients on executive compensation disclosure, insider trading regulation, clawback policies and Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance;
- Counseling clients on ongoing SEC rulemaking impacting public companies, including with respect to climate change, cybersecurity, human capital management and board diversity;
- Representing listed company clients with respect to stock exchange compliance matters;
- Advising clients on governance policies and other board and shareholder matters;
- Representing clients on transactions such as securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions, as well as providing general securities, corporate, limited liability company and contract advice.
- Advised public company clients on current developments in SEC and stock exchange regulation, such as executive compensation disclosure, corporate governance disclosure and proxy statement and annual reporting developments.
- Reviewing client SEC filings.
- Advising clients on shareholder proposals.
- Drafting corporate governance documents and policies, such as board committee charters, governance guidelines, insider trading policies and clawback policies.
- Advising clients on Section 16 reporting and liability matters.
- 耶鲁大学, BA, magna cum laude
- The University of Chicago Law School, 法律博士