Senior associate Kirsten Hunt, is dual qualified and has more than 10 years of post-qualification tax experience. He has broad experience in UK corporation tax, VAT and real estate taxes with a particular focus on transactional and advisory work. His experience includes the tax aspects of the sale and purchase of companies and businesses, internal group re-organisations, simplifications and restructuring. Kirsten has extensive experience in the banking and finance sector on the UK tax aspects in relation to raising capital and debt, structured finance products, securitisations and real estate transactions.
He joined Mayer Brown in 2021.
* experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
- Ho Bee Land: Provided tax structuring and transactional advice on their acquisition of Ropemaker Place via the acquisition of a property SPV.*
- Global cleaning agent manufacturer: Advised in relation to the re-organisation of the businesses' Brexit planning and post-Brexit EU and UK supply chain.*
- Allied Cigar Corporation and Gemstone Investment Holding: Advised on the acquisition of Imperial Brands PLC's premium hand-rolled cigar business for £1.1 billion.*
- Oaktree Capital Management: Advised the sponsor on the leveraged purchase and subsequent securitisation of a portfolio of UK residential mortgage loans.*
- Private equity acquisition: Advised a private equity firm on the multi-jurisdiction acquisition of a major manufacturing business, which supplies essential parts to the oil and gas sector.*
- Aprirose: Advised on its acquisition of the QHotels portfolio from Bain Capital and Canyon Partners, including negotiating the tax cover on the warranty and indemnity insurance.*
- 金山大学, Masters of Commerce (Tax) | Advanced Company Law I and II
- The Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa, Graduate
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, 法学学士
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Conveyancer of the High Court of South Africa