Digital Transformation, Data and Software
- Advised a multinational professional services firm in negotiations with numerous digital transformation and cloud-based providers, including for email, messaging and mobility systems, cloud ERP, customer-facing products and SaaS solutions, and data analytics and use issues. Also represented this global firm in negotiations with various emerging technology providers, including in the areas of security, encryption, cloud platform, software development and data analytics.
- Represented a global online service provider and media/publishing entity in negotiations with cloud providers such as Microsoft365, Rackspace, CenturyLink and Virtustream.
- Advised numerous manufacturing, retail and banking clients in a global cloud computing agreements with Microsoft for all of our client's email activities including storage, transmission, collaboration, tools, and cloud platform services.
- Represented a major retailer in its use of public cloud and private cloud solutions for its main retailing website.
- Represented a major manufacturing company in connection with its internet of things data solutions.
- Represented a quick serve food chain in connection with its licensing and use of a digital online ordering platform and point of sale technology agreements.
- Represented financial institutions and insurance companies in various digital transformation and Fintech initiatives, including creation of banking systems and activities with Fintech providers, and cloud platforms.
- Advised a global auto manufacturer in connection with its onboard telematics systems, including hardware, services, digital content and data usage issues.
- Advised a global chemicals company in connection with privacy and data transfer issues regarding its spin off of an existing business division into a separate company. Coordinated advice from more than 25 countries regarding these issues.
IT and Business Process Outsourcing
- Represented a publicly-held company in the global outsourcing of its back office supply chain support services and the related divestiture of its intellectual property assets in the foods industry for approximately $160 million.
- Represented a global media and news company in its ITO including services in more than 90 countries.
- Represented an international consumer packaged goods company in a three-tower global outsourcing deal with a total value of over $500 million in the areas of procurement, application development and maintenance and finance and accounting, involving global transformational projects.
- Represented an international food products company in outsourcing of its indirect procurement functions, with contractually committed savings in the hundreds of millions.
- Represented an international food products company in a global finance and accounting outsourcing involving multiple continents.
- Represented one of the largest employers in the US in an offshore HR outsourcing deal, and two finance and accounting deals.
- Represented an electronic media and publishing company in its renegotiation and restructuring of an $300 million ITO deal, including implementation of a transformative virtualization program.
- Represented an insurance company in its infrastructure and network management outsourcing.
- Represented an international food products company in two significant outsourcing transactions with a total value of over $1 billion: one transaction is a major category and transactional procurement outsourcing project; the other involves global infrastructure, cross functional, and network services.
- Represented a global communications products manufacturer in a global IT outsourcing transaction valued at $1.7 billion and involving the transfer of employees and assets in more than 40 countries; subsequently retained to negotiate two offshore application development and maintenance deals with two Indian providers; when this client later spun off a significant business division, Rebecca represented the company in separating the existing outsourcing services agreement into two agreements, with a separate service agreement for the spinoff entity.
- Represented an educational publisher in outsourcing its indirect procurement function with committed savings.
- Represented a leading energy company in one of the first three-tower business process outsourcing transactions to be done: This client outsourced information technology, finance and accounting, and human resources functions to one supplier in a deal valued at roughly $350 million.
- Represented a global equipment manufacturer in its analysis, negotiations, and ultimate selection of a global sourcing strategy for its global procurement functions, including Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Represented a global data mapping company in two agreements with major Indian offshore providers for data cleansing and application maintenance. Also represented this client in connection with its establishment of a hybrid captive offshore service center in Asia. Provided strategic counsel to a global manufacturer of consumer products in global HR transactions outsourcing.
- Represented the financial division of a diversified Fortune Top 10 company in its evaluation and implementation of an electronic signature and record vaulting system.
- Represented a global equipment manufacturer in its provision and licensing of integrated hardware, software, and services solutions to the mining and heavy equipment industries.
- Represented a national cellular service company in negotiations of a hardware, software, and services agreement with its key supplier of cellular network and infrastructure materials.
- Provided ongoing support to a major quick-serve restaurant company in various information technology, services, and licensing arrangements, including recent re-negotiations with a key supplier of a critical information technology system for its stores, franchisees, and headquarters; also assisted this client with data privacy and transfer compliance issues in its global transactions.
The University of Michigan Law School, JD, cum laude
Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
The Ohio State University, BA, cum laude