Danister de Silva is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office.
Danister has previously practised with a top-tier Australian firm in Sydney, an English Magic Circle firm in Frankfurt, and a major international firm in London. Through 2017 and 2018, Danister undertook client secondments to The Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds Banking Group, working with the leveraged acquisition / debt finance teams of those banks.
Danister represents lenders, private equity sponsors and borrowers in connection with domestic and international acquisition/leverage financings, refinancings and restructurings. He also has experience in bank/bond financings, securitisations and margin-lending.
- Representing Vitruvian Capital Partners on its investment in Sykes Holiday Cottages, the UK’s leading independent holiday home provider.
- Representing Francisco Partners on the debt facilities for their acquisition of Danish IT-solutions provider EG A/S for DKK 3.7 billion (GBP 425 million).
- Representing Baring Private Equity Asia in respect of the restructuring, pre-pack administration and sale of Cath Kidston.
- Representing Francisco Partners on the £115 million debt-financing of its acquisition of ByBox, a provider of technology-led logistics and locker technology for global businesses for £221 million.
- Representing Francisco Partners on the acquisition of LiveU Ltd, an Israel-based manufacturer and provider of cutting-edge live broadcasting equipment and portable video-over-cellular solutions.
- Representing Five Arrows Capital Partners on debt facilities totalling EUR 155 million for a new acquisition.
- Representing Magnetar Capital in relation to a new unitranche facility to Aero Services Global Group Limited to refinance its existing debt and fund the acquisition of AMF Precision Engineering.
- Representing Vitruvian Capital Partners on the refinancing of their USD 130 million facilities in relation to their investment in OAG, the world’s leading provider of flight schedules and live status data and related technology tools.
- Representing CBPE in relation to the debt-financing of the acquisition of Perspective Financial Group.
Flinders University of South Australia, LLB (Hons)
University of Adelaide, BA (English)