Laura Buchanan is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the Technology & IP Transactions practice focusing on complex transactions relating to digital services and information technology sourcing, including software licenses, SaaS, IT services, maintenance and support and joint development agreements. Additionally, she counsels clients on data privacy and security issues, including as they relate to commercial agreements and compliance matters.
In addition to her practice, Laura is highly involved in Chicago’s startup community. She was previously a contributing writer to a Chicago startups newsletter, featuring early-stage Chicago startup companies and upcoming community events. As part of her experience advising startup founders, she served on a panel of judges reviewing and critiquing funding pitches.
印第安纳大学毛雷尔法学院, JD, cum laude
Miami University, BA
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Junior Board Member, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- IP Law Committee Chair, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Member, Chicago Women in IP