Kara Baysinger is co-leader of Mayer Brown's US Insurance Regulatory & Enforcement Group. She has vast experience representing national and international insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance-related service companies, insurtech companies and other financial services entities, e-business enterprises and state governments in market conduct and sales practices, including multistate examinations and investigations and enforcement. Additionally, she advises clients on regulatory relations and strategy, innovation and digital transformation licensing, regulatory approvals, electronic commerce, transactional matters, reinsurance, cybersecurity, and product and market development issues. Kara began her career working in-house for insurance companies. Kara is the co-author of Courageous Counsel: Conversations with Women General Counsel in the Fortune 500, a groundbreaking look at the paths of women into the ranks of General Counsel.
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, JD
密西根大学, 学士, Political Science
- Named in The Legal 500 US – Insurance: Non-Contentious – as a “Leading Lawyer” (2019)
- Named by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading insurance lawyer each year since 2004. Clients describe her as "impressive" and "very good at what she does." One impressed client says: "She is very responsive, knowledgeable and a subject area expert. She is a pleasure to work with and I rely on her - she is one of my go-to attorneys." (2004-2018)
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law by U.S. News and World Report - Best Lawyers (2018-2019)
- Consistently named by Super Lawyers as top rated for Insurance (2005-2017)
- Named one of the “Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business” by The San Francisco Business Times in 2014, and again in 2017, when she was added to the "Forever Influential Honor Roll".
- Leading practitioner for Euromoney's 2017 for Women in Business Law
- Leading practitioner for Euromoney's 2017 in Insurance & Reinsurance
- Recognized as leading practitioner in Insurance and Reinsurance by Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law 2016.
- Recommended in The Legal 500 for Healthcare: Health Insurers (2012, 2014), and in the category of Insurance: Non-Contentious (2011–2015) for her capacity to "handle difficult and politically sensitive issues."
- In 2014, Kara was one of five recipients of the Mayre Rasmussen Award for the Advancement of Women in International Law, an annual accolade presented by the ABA's Section of International Law.
- The Insurance Regulatory Examiners Society presented her with the Schrader-Nelson Publications Award in 2014.