Our team includes experienced senior trade professionals and lawyers from the United States, the European Union and China, several of whom have obtained international recognition for their representation of clients in trade defense and policy, customs and market access issues.
In Latin America, we regularly advise clients on the availability of trade financing and investment guarantees from the US Export-Import Bank, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation and the World Bank’s Multilateral Investment Guaranty Agency. We advise on the application of anti-dumping and other trade laws, as well the application of trade agreements, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), to investments and trade in goods and services.
- Advised Government of Argentina regarding WTO challenge to antidumping duty imposed by the Government of Brazil on Argentine exports of PET resin. After several rounds of briefing, Brazil removed duty and settled the case.
- Advised Central American poultry and sugar industries on negotiations of a free trade agreement with the European Union.
- Represented a leading international chemicals firm in an SEC investigation of possible FCPA violations in Argentina, which resulted in the SEC’s decision not to pursue the matter.
- Advise on the application of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to certain foreign investments in México.
- Advise on the application of US anti-dumping laws to imports from Latin America.
- Advise on the protection available under intellectual property laws in certain Central American countries.
- Advise on the US restrictions on travel to and transactions with Cuba.
- Advise clients on the availability of trade financing and investment guarantees from the US Export-Import Bank, the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, and the World Bank's Multilateral Investment Guaranty Agency regarding Latin America.