Our experience in handling real estate transactions in Latin America ranges from the formation of real estate investment funds, to investments in real estate portfolio companies and public offerings by real estate companies, to joint ventures with local developers and operators.
- Investment sale. We represented Hines Companies in the sale of a portfolio of commercial and industrial real estate properties in Mexico to G. Accion, a Mexican real estate developer.
- Joint venture. We represented Equity International Properties, Ltd. in its joint venture to invest in BRACOR, a corporate real estate investment company in Brazil.
- Joint ventures. We represented GECC-Mexico and affiliates in the formation of a series of joint ventures in Juarez, San Luis, Huehuetoca and other cities, with Kimco Realty Trust, to own and operate strip malls in Mexico anchored by major grocery/retail chains.
- Leisure complexes. We represented The Bank of Nova Scotia, as the lead arranger and administrative agent, in a term loan and revolving credit and letter of credit facility to 13 Bahamian international business corporations to acquire various prominent hotels, resorts, casinos and golf clubs in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Puerto Cancun. We are appointed by US federal court to act as Special Master to take control of and dispose of a variety of hotel, residential and mixed-use properties in Cancun, Mexico in order to fund a restitution trust. We are currently advising on the sale, for the Special Master, of Puerto Cancun, an 880-acre, mixed-use development that was developed in a joint venture with Fonatur.
- Real estate funds. We advised Prudential Real Estate Investors on the establishment of its industrial and residential funds as well as all aspects of its investments including land acquisitions, financings and formation of joint ventures with local developers.
- Real estate investments. We represent Verde Realty MLP, a full-service real estate operating company, on all aspects of its investments in industrial, residential and retail acquisitions and development, including land acquisitions for development, acquisitions of operating properties and formation of joint ventures for development with local land owners and developers in Mexico along the US border.
- Real estate tax. We represented Walton Street Real Estate Fund V L.P. regarding tax and related issues with various real estate investments in Mexico.
- Real estate finance. We represented WestLB in connection with a loan to Esperanza Capital Partners, LLC to refinance existing indebtedness secured by the Esperanza Resort Hotel in Los Cabos.