Our lawyers are known for their creative and business-minded solutions. As a result, we often are asked to assist our financial services clients in their product development efforts. A financial instrument or financing or hedging strategy may be intended to address a tax, accounting, regulatory capital or other concern. In formulating solutions, we work closely with our financial products tax colleagues in order to develop innovative approaches.
On behalf of our clients, we have advised on the development of:
- Structured convertible securities;
- Contingent capital products;
- Exchangeable and variable debt and preferred stock offerings;
- Additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 instruments to be offered by US and non-US banks; and
- Structured notes, warrants and other indexed securities and derivatives products.