- Ecofin Oil and Gas Fund. We represented Ecofin Energy Resources, a new UK fund that invests in unconventional US oil and gas properties, on its organization and first two asset acquisitions.
- Global Infrastructure Partners. We represented Global Infrastructure Partners in the formation of a $5.6 billion infrastructure fund sponsored by Credit Suisse and General Electric.
- Hunt Power REITs. We represented the lead founding investor, Hunt Power, L.P., in a multibillion private equity club investment with global investors to create a real estate investment trust (REIT) platform that will invest in US real estate supporting energy distribution and transmission facilities. Hunt Power created two REITs that will invest $2.1 billion to develop and acquire electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets. The two REITs, Electric Infrastructure Alliance of America and Gas Infrastructure Alliance of America, will focus on the Southwestern US markets.
- Macquarie Infrastructure. We represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in the formation of their second infrastructure fund.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure. We represented Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of a 40-percent economic stake and a 50-percent voting interest in Southern Star Central Corp. This is the parent company of Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, an interstate natural gas pipeline and storage operation that services the Midwestern United States and that is regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- UBS Infrastructure Fund. We represented UBS in the formation of UBS Global Asset Management’s flagship OECD-focused infrastructure fund.