我们参与了美国首批大型风力及太阳能项目，服务于亚洲、欧洲及美洲可再生能源领域的前沿企业。我们协助融资人及发起人处理了世界各地许多重要的可再生能源项目，其中包括：美国Mojave风电场、采用太阳能发电系统（SEGS）的发电站；英国最大的近海风电场；“合伙翻转”（partnership flip）模式；通过回购电价（Feed-in Tariff）的形式获得补贴；以及潮汐能技术。
- Fire Island. We represented Cook Inlet Inc. and its subsidiary, Fire Island Wind LLC, in connection with construction financing for a 17.6 MW (11 GE 1.6MW xle turbines) wind power project on Fire Island, Alaska, financed by CoBank.
- Indian wind farms. We advised Caparo Energy in relation to a compulsorily convertible debenture financing together with the related option arrangements and collateral package. The proceeds of the financing will be used to develop wind farms in India.
- Leveraged lease financing. We represented an institutional investor and its affiliates as equity investor in the leveraged lease financing to Pattern Energy Group's subsidiary, Hatchet Ridge Wind, LLC, the lessee of a 101.2 MW wind energy project located in Burney, California. The financing for the project included long-term institutional lease debt and long-term letter of credit facility.
- London offshore. We advised a Dutch contractor in a bid for the London Array offshore wind farm project, the largest offshore wind farm in the UK, consisting of 271 wind turbines intended to provide over 1000 MW of electricity to London.
- Mexican wind farm. We represented Madrid-based Preneal SA and its affiliates on the sale of two wind power project companies, Energía Alterna Istmeña, S. de R.L. de C.V. and Energía Eólica Mareña, S.A. de C.V., to an equity consortium controlled by Macquarie. The acquired companies own a 396 MW late-stage wind energy project in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Structured equity financing. We represented an institutional investor and its affiliates on construction, term loan and structured equity financing for the Macho Springs wind farm, an approximately 50.4 MW wind farm developed by Element Power and located in New Mexico.
- Otter Creek. We represented Iberdrola Renewables in obtaining the first wind energy high-impact business designation in the State of Illinois for Iberdrola’s Otter Creek Wind Farm Project in La Salle County, Illinois. The Otter Creek project is expected to produce approximately 200 megawatts of wind-powered electric generation and cost approximately $440 million to construct. The wind energy high-impact business program was enacted by the State of Illinois in 2009. The program enables wind energy developers to apply directly to the State for high-impact business designation, which enables the developer to qualify for a sales and use tax exemption on building materials purchased for the project.
- US/Chinese joint venture. We represented Cielo Wind in its joint venture agreement with China's Shenyang Power Group on the development of a $1.5 billion, 600MW wind farm in Texas. This will be the first major US renewable project financed by Chinese banks and supplied with Chinese-made turbines.
- Canadian solar. We are representing US Ex-Im Bank on the financing of a Canadian solar power project. The engagement involves the $129 million Stardale Solar PV Project, a 27 MW solar power development located outside St. Eugene, Ontario.
- North America investment. We represented Hudson Clean Energy Partners on its $75 million investment in Recurrent Energy, a leading solar power developer, to expand Recurrent Energy’s business providing solar as a service to commercial and industrial properties, as well as utility and government markets in North America, and emerging markets worldwide.
- Project disposition. We represented affiliates of Tessera Solar in the disposition of the 663.5 MW Calico Solar Project in San Bernardino County, California which will be located on federal lands and has been approved by the California Energy Commission. The purchaser intends to consider reconfiguring the project to utilize photovoltaic technologies, rather than the “SunCatcher” solar dish Stirling system developed by Stirling Energy Systems, Inc.
- Solar Flagships Program. We are representing a major international power company in connection with the Solar Flagships Program tender in Australia.
- Solar panel production. We advised on a joint-venture agreement between First Solar and EDF-EN on the construction of a solar panel production plant in the south of France. This project was partly financed through a capital contribution and a financial lease. This project also involved the drafting of the different commercial agreements between the two parties.
- China hydroelectric. We acted as lead counsel for the Ministry of Water Resources on claims on a hydroelectric dam and power plant in Xiao Lang Di in Henan Province, China. Various aspects of underground tunneling were investigated and explored.
- La Yesca. We represented the lenders to the over $1 billion La Yesca Hydroelectric Project in Mexico. Financing has closed and was named Americas Power Deal of the Year for 2007 by Project Finance International, and in 2010 we advised WestLB in connection with the expansion of the credit facilities for the project.
- Hidro Xacbal. We represented RBTT Merchant Bank, FMO and other lenders in a project financing for Hidro Xacbal SA in the construction of a $227 million 94 MW hydroelectric facility in Guatemala. The deal was named Latin American Renewables Deal of the Year 2007 by Project Finance and Best Power/Energy Deal 2007 by Latin Finance.
- US hydropower. We represented Fort Chicago Energy Partners, as tax counsel, in its $80 million acquisition of Northbrook New York, LLC, which owns a 33 MW hydropower generation facility in New York state.
Biomass / Biofuels
- Africa sugar-based ethanol. We represented Craton Equity Partners, a private equity firm that is focused on “clean” technology investments, in making investments in Principle Energy Limited (“PEL”). PEL is a developer of alternative energy and biofuel development projects in sub-Saharan Africa. PEL’s first development, located in Mozambique, is a vertically integrated sugarcane-based ethanol operation. The facility is expected to generate in excess of 60 million gallons of ethanol and over 30 MW of electricity each year once it reaches full production levels.
- Americas biodiesel. We represented the National Biodiesel Board with respect to changes of the admissions for export of US and South-American Biodiesel to Germany.
- Americas biodiesel. We represented the National Biodiesel Board and several US biodiesel producers in anti-dumping and anti-subsidy investigations initiated by the European Union, which had alleged that the US government illegally subsidized US-origin biodiesel exported to the EU and that US producers sold their biodiesel in the EU market at unfair prices.