This webinar offers you a whistle-stop tour of 10 recent intellectual property developments at the European or UK level, in just one hour. Members of our Intellectual Property and IT Group will be looking at issues such as developments in the digital environment, cross-border cases and what is coming over the horizon.
- Where does digital infringement take place when your servers are offshore? The Football Dataco case
- UK courts grant injunctions against ISPs over Newzbin and Pirate Bay websites
- Can you get a pan-European injunction for trade mark infringement?
- The TV decoder cards case and what this means for territorial licensing. European Court decision in Murphy v Premier League
- The latest news from Europe on software copyright. The European Court decision in the SAS case.
- Brand owners versus eBay in Europe
- Developments in copyright – how much can you take without infringing? The Meltwater and Infopaq cases
- Breach of confidence – recent UK cases on compensation
- An update on the Community patent and single European patent court
- Copyright reform in the UK – where are we now?
We may change items on the agenda to keep it up-to-date with developments.
Thursday, 28 June 2012
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. BST
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CEST
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. HKT
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
For additional information, please email
or call +44 20 3130 8416.