Please join us for Mayer Brown’s annual event, The Social Media Evolution.
Many companies have been using social media for years, continually redefining its role in the marketplace. Other companies have only just begun to use social media. But one thing is certain — social media is here to stay. As social media activity continues to increase — and the governing law evolves with it — all companies must be prepared to respond.
We are pleased to announce that our Keynote Presenter for the Conference will be Eugene Volokh, Professor of Law at UCLA School of Law and one of the leading cyberspace law and First Amendment law scholars in the country, as well as one of the leading law bloggers.
This year’s two-day program will also feature in-house peers from a number of industries who will address the opportunities and risks associated with social media as well as the best practices for dealing with issues that arise. Key topics that speakers will discuss include:
- The role that social media should—and shouldn’t—play in internal investigations
- Social media’s impact on the way in which cases are litigated and how courts are responding to the use of social media as evidence
- The latest trends in the law on social media in the workplace and how to manage people and resources in a social media world
- Deciding whether a social media blitz is the right response to a corporate public relations crisis
- The types of social media activity that will lead to attention from government officials
Program Location and Accommodations
The Ritz-Carlton Chicago
160 East Pearson Street, at Water Tower Place
Chicago, IL 60611
For additional information, please contact Jodi Dalton at +1 312 701 7725 or