In today’s tech-savvy world, communication between individuals is at a frantic pace. It is no surprise that this culture has invaded the business world, too. The nontraditional etiquette of text messaging and other means of communication via smartphones – including broader social media messaging – has opened the door to questions about such nonconformist content. And, plaintiffs lawyers are recognizing that this is an untapped resource in litigation.
Please join us on Wednesday, February 19th for a webinar discussing these trends and how text messaging and social media may open companies up to risk that they haven’t considered – yet. Topics to be addressed include the following:
- What policies do companies need to develop or update to protect business records?
- How broad is the scope of messaging that can be used in potential litigation? What is the threshold for admissibility?
- What is the evidentiary value of texts and social media messaging?
- How does the discovery process change – especially in terms of cost – for collecting such vital data?
- Can such messaging be used in internal investigations?