Please join TEI, Mayer Brown LLP and the University of San Diego School of Law for a comprehensive, full-day Tax Controversy Seminar that will cover practical strategies for resolving disputes in Audit and Appeals in the context of new IRS initiatives, including:
- New LB&I Enforcement Priorities, Ethical Issues, and Financial Reporting
- Managing Compliance, Documentation and Witness Interviews
- Mock IRS Audit on a Transfer Pricing Issue
- How to Prepare for IRS Appeals
- Responding to US and OECD (BEPS) Proposals
- Tax Litigation Update: What You Should Know
Our keynote lunch speaker will be Jarnail Dhatt, IRS Appeals Area Director, who will describe the new Appeals Judicial Approach & Culture (AJAC). AJAC has changed the rules of engagement for both taxpayers and exam teams. Mr. Dhatt will explain how taxpayers should run an exam in order to be ready in the event an issue goes to Appeals.