Shanghai is on the fast-track to becoming a global centre for finance and trade. The past two decades have seen the Chinese city undergo extensive and rapid urban and commercial development. Now, with a view to the Shanghai 2020 plan and beyond, the international community eagerly anticipates Shanghai’s emergence onto the world stage over the next 20 years.
Our exclusive event with Mergermarket celebrating Mayer Brown JSM's 20th Anniversary and achievements in Shanghai features an expert panel discussion on the city’s impressive past and promising future covering a range of topics.
Topics to be addressed:
Date & Time
- Current progress as the Shanghai 2020 plan unfolds, including the establishment of financial institutions, advanced markets, and globally competitive financial products and services;
- Implications of recent developments, such as the Quasi-HQ Policy and free trade zones, on investment opportunities and the Shanghai economy;
- Shanghai’s place among other international financial centres, such as London, New York, and Hong Kong, and how it will serve China, Asia, and the rest of the world;
- A forecast of industry investment opportunities;
- Developments needed to see Shanghai emerge as a true international financial centre.
Thursday, 23 April 2015
3:30 p.m. Registration with coffee break
4:00 p.m. Opening remarks
4:05 p.m. Keynote presentation
4:30 p.m. Panel discussion
5:30 p.m. Q&A session
5:50 p.m. Cocktail, canapés and networking session
Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
Zhongshan East 2nd Road
The seminar is free of charge; however, due to limited seating, registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register for this event or enquiries, please contact Vivian Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org | +86 21 6032 0223