Clients praise him as "a strong negotiator."
Chambers UK 2013
Tim is a senior associate in the Insurance & Reinsurance practice of the London office.
Tim joined Mayer Brown in 2005 and, since qualifying in March 2007, has handled numerous contentious insurance and reinsurance matters, particularly those with an international element. He is experienced in advising insurers in relation to policy coverage issues as well as assisting policyholders in the defence of third party claims. In addition to litigation in the Commercial Court and the Supreme Court, Tim has also assisted on LCIA arbitrations and mediations.
- Political Risk Insurance: Tim advises political risk insurers in relation to coverage issues and the defence of claims under confiscation, expropriation, nationalisation and deprivation and contract frustration policies involving investments into or trade in Latin America and Asia.
- Product Liability/Product Recall Insurance: Tim has experience advising insurers in relation to coverage aspects of Product Liability, Product Recall and Guarantee Policies. Notable instructions include advising London Market insurers in connection with a significant Product Liability claim in the Republic of Ireland relating to defective building materials and an automotive recall in the US relating to defective brake light systems. In addition, Tim has handled matters in relation to a potential recall of recreational boats and defective electrical metering devices, advising on a variety of UK and EU regulatory issues.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Tim is involved in a variety of work for professional indemnity insurers. His experience includes advising insurers on coverage issues and defending claims by third parties against a range of professionals including solicitors, surveyors, insurance brokers and engineers, both in the United Kingdom and offshore.
- Directors' & Officers' Insurance: Tim advises insurers in connection with D&O policy coverage issues and has been involved in monitoring the defence of claims by third parties against policyholders.
- Financial Institutions Insurance: Tim also advises insurers on policy coverage issues relating to third party claims against financial institutions, notably in connection with claims arising from the Madoff fraud.
Again ranked as a key individual by Chambers UK 2013, Tim is a "very capable and knowledgeable associate" notes Chambers UK 2012.