Lewis J. Greenwald is a Tax Transactions & Consulting partner in Mayer Brown's New York office. His practice is focused on providing international tax planning for multinational clients including, but not limited to:
- Tax efficient acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, and repatriations;
- Migrating intellectual property to tax favored jurisdictions;
- Avoidance of all types of subpart F income;
- Leveraging operations; creating double deductions;
- Debt/equity determinations; bad debt/worthless stock deductions;
- Dual consolidated loss compliance and administrative relief;
- Transfer pricing-planning, compliance, and controversy; and
- Cross-border foreign currency transactions.
He has almost 30 years of tax law experience. He is the former regional vice president of the New England region of The International Fiscal Association (IFA). He is on the Board of the National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC) and on the Board of Advisers for the Journal of International Taxation. He speaks frequently and has written numerous articles.