Christopher Shelton is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office and a member of the Consumer Financial Services group. His practice focuses on regulatory counseling and enforcement matters, including:
- Providing advice regarding compliance with UDAAP, TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FDCPA, HMDA, FCRA, EFTA, GLBA, and other federal and state consumer finance laws.
- Drafting responses to Notice and Opportunity to Respond and Advise (NORA), Potential Action and Request for Response (PARR), “15-day” letters, and examination reports issued by the CFPB, federal banking agencies, or state regulators.
- Responding to CFPB and FTC civil investigative demands for documents and testimony.
- Approaching state and federal regulators regarding interpretation of statutes and regulations that they administer.
- Drafting public comments to agency proposals.
While attending Columbia Law School, Christopher worked as a law clerk in the Legal Division, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.