Prentice Women's Hospital
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Conference Center
250 East Superior Street
Chicago, IL 60611
Mayer Brown is once again a lead affiliate sponsor of Northwestern Law’s 54th Annual Corporate Counsel Institute, which offers general counsel an opportunity to discuss the unique challenges faced by in-house counsel. It is a forum for discussion of current issues of substantive law and practical tools for the day to day practice of law within a corporation.
Mayer Brown partner Frederick Thomas will speak on a panel titled “Interacting with the Board on Cybersecurity” which will discuss the following:
- What does the board expect of the GC and the CIO regarding cybersecurity? How can vague or conflicting expectations be avoided?
- What governance structures work the best in overseeing cybersecurity
- Can the GC and management help to protect the board from scrutiny?
Mayer Brown's global Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice lead Rajesh De will be speaking.
2015 Highlights include:
- Breach Simulation: Preparing for the Inevitable Data Incident
- Interacting with the Board on Cybersecurity
- Strategies and Best Practices for Shareholder Engagement
- Preparing for and Responding to Economic Pressure by Shareholder Activists
- What's New in Employment Law: Practice Takeaways on Hot issues
- Best Practices in Law Department Management