16 June 2009
Chambers USA and Legal 500 US have again recognized our Supreme Court & Appellate group's preeminence in the field: for the third year in a row, both Chambers USA and Legal 500 US rank us as a top tier practice, with Chambers noting that our “heavyweight appellate team…is widely regarded as one of the best in the USA.” The publications’ comments illustrate Mayer Brown’s dominance in the field of appellate advocacy:
· Clients interviewed by Legal 500 US call Mayer Brown an “analytical powerhouse” and “praise the practice for being ‘unbelievably responsive and client-oriented,’ and for ‘advancing reasonable business interests.’”
· Chambers USA observes that our “broad assembly of talented advocates is well known for its sophisticated work across a range of areas and disciplines, including securities, antitrust, IP, environmental and tax.”
· Legal 500 US reports that “Six of the Supreme Court cases that the firm took on in 2008 were distributed between four of the firm’s lawyers, which demonstrates an egalitarian policy and depth of bench within the practice that contrasts with the ‘star-centric’ status quo in some Supreme Court practices.”
Chambers USA and Legal 500 US also acknowledge many of the firm's appellate practitioners:
· Andrew Frey “attracts major mandates due to his broad experience and ‘perceptive approach’ to complex issues.”
· Ken Geller is “especially skilled at Supreme Court-related matters” and clients “admire the ‘vigor and tenacity’ he demonstrates on their behalf.”
· Lauren Goldman has an “unmatched ability to work well with other lawyers.”
· Andrew Pincus is praised by one client for his "masterful performances."
· Commenting on Charles Rothfeld, one client said "Whenever I get the opportunity to have him on board, I take it!"
· Stephen Shapiro is “incredibly hardworking and at the top of his field” and "knows the court inside-out and always comes up with a winning argument."
· “Clients describe…Evan Tager (“impressive firepower”), Dan Himmelfarb and Andy Tauber as ‘highly skilled, intelligent, professional and ethical thought leaders. As partners, they are responsive, committed to shared goals, and fair-minded.’”
Please visit us at www.appellate.net
for more information on our practice.