8 January 2007
8 January 2007 -- Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP attorney Evan Tager
today argued United Haulers Association v. Oneida-Herkimer Solid Waste Management Authority
, No. 05-1345, in the U.S. Supreme Court. The Court will decide whether a requirement that all garbage generated in a county be disposed of in a county-owned disposal facility discriminates against interstate commerce in violation of the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution.
- Briefs in the case are available here.
- A transcript of the oral argument is available here.
- An AP story on the argument is available here.
- A story in the Utica Observer-Dispatch is available here.
- A story in the BNA Daily Environment Report is available here.