Skip to main content


Firm News

Mayer Brown JSM advises Mitutoyo Corporation in Leeport acquisition

28 January 2011

Hong Kong – Mayer Brown, a leading global law firm, is pleased to announce that it advised Mitutoyo Corporation in its acquisition of a 41% interest in Leeport Metrology Corporation in two phases from Leeport Machine Tool Co., Ltd.

The sale and purchase agreement and the strategic alliance and shareholders agreement were signed on 21 January 2011. Upon completion of the final phase of the share acquisition, Mitutoyo Corporation will become a majority shareholder, owning a 51% interest in Leeport Metrology Corporation while Leeport Machine Tool Co., Ltd. will continue to own the remaining 49% interest.

Mitutoyo Corporation is a global leading player in the manufacture and sale of precision measurement instruments. Leeport Machine Tool Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary of Leeport (Holdings) Limited listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.

The Mayer Brown team was led by corporate partners Hannah Ha and Jeremy Cunningham.

Related Information

  • Related People
    Hannah C. L. Ha
    T +852 2843 4378
The Build a Report feature requires the use of cookies to function properly. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. If you do not accept cookies, this function will not work. For more information please see our Privacy Policy

You have no pages selected. Please select pages to email then resubmit.