12 August 2016
Mayer Brown announced today that it has been named a finalist in 12 categories of the Americas Tax Awards 2016 sponsored by International Tax Review. The annual awards recognize the most innovative tax transactional, structuring, litigation and transfer-pricing work done in North, Central and South America in 2015-2016. This year’s winners will be announced in September.
Mayer Brown is named a “Firm of the Year” finalist in eight categories:
• Americas Tax Firm of the Year;
• Chicago Tax Firm of the Year;
• East Coast Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year;
• Houston/Dallas Tax Firm of the Year;
• New York Tax Firm of the Year;
• North America Tax Firm of the Year;
• North America Tax Litigation & Disputes Firm of the Year; and
• US Tax Court Firm of the Year.
In addition, the firm worked on four matters that have been named “Deal of the Year” finalists in the following categories:
• Americas Capital Markets Tax Deal of the Year - $1.25B fixed and floating rate notes backed by non-prime auto loans;
• Americas Energy Tax Deal of the Year – TransCanada’s acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group;
• Americas M&A Tax Deal of the Year – Acquisition of a stake in Corporation Quiport by Grupo Odinsa; and
• Americas Technology & Telecoms Deal of the Year – Altice’s acquisition of Cablevision.
International Tax Review will select winners based on firm submissions and interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house tax executives.