17 September 2015
London - Mayer Brown has been recommended in 46 categories by the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015 edition. Of these rankings, three are top tier:
- Asset-based lending
- Insurance: insolvency and restructuring, and
- Insurance: Professional negligence.
The publication also listed 21 lawyers as "Leading Individuals" in their practice areas:
- Raid Abu-Manneh – International Arbitration
- David Allen – Commercial Litigation
- Chris Arnold – Derivatives and Structured Products
- Kate Ball-Dodd – Flotations: Small & Mid Cap
- Bernd Bohr – Debt Capital Markets
- Sandy Bhogal – Corporate Tax
- Jeremy Clay – Real Estate: Corporate Tax
- Ian Coles - Projects, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining and Minerals and Emerging Markets
- Sean Connolly – Professional Negligence
- Peter Dickinson – TMT (Telecoms)
- William Glassey – Professional Negligence
- Alistair Graham – Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Michael Hutchinson – Environment
- Philippa James – Pensions: non contentious
- Ian McDonald – Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail
- Edmund Parker – Derivatives and Structured Products
- Michael Regan – Construction
- Nicholas Robertson – Employment
- Devi Shah - Insurance: Insolvency & Restructuring
- Richard Todd – Securitisation
- Martin Wright – Commercial Property.
The complete list of the practice categories in which Mayer Brown is ranked in the 2015 edition of Legal 500 UK includes:
Corporate and commercial
- Commercial contracts
- Corporate tax
- Equity capital markets
- EU and competition
- Financial services – Financial services (non-contentious/regulatory)
- Financial services – Financial services (contentious)
- Flotations: small and mid-cap
- Investment funds – Investment funds – Hedge funds
- Investment funds – Listed funds
- M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £250m+
- VAT and indirect tax.
Crime, fraud and licensing
- Corporate crime (including fraud, bribery and corruption).
- Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Commercial litigation
- International arbitration
- Professional discipline.
- Acquisition finance
- Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured products
- Emerging markets
- Employee share schemes
- Employment – employers
- Pensions – non-contentious
- Pensions – dispute resolution.
- Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Product liability: defendant.
Projects, energy and natural resources
- Infrastructure (including PFI and PPP)
- Mining and minerals.
- Commercial property – general
- Commercial property – development
- Commercial property – hotels and leisure
- Commercial property – investment
- Commercial property – retail
- Property finance
- Property litigation.
TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms
- Media and entertainment.