Winston Wang is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. He primarily advises issuers, underwriters and servicers on complex capital markets transactions and covers high-yield bonds, medium-term note programs, hybrid securities and securitizations. He has experience advising on US securities law and US listing requirements. He also has experience advising corporations and limited partnerships on mergers and acquisitions and a variety of corporate finance transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Winston worked as a corporate associate at a leading firm in the United States. He has also worked as a Global Law Fellow at the legal department of a multinational company in Tokyo.
Winston is a native Mandarin speaker, he is also fluent in English.
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the Republic of Indonesia’s issuances of SEC registered debt securities totaling more than US$8.2 billion pursuant to its US$10 billion shelf registration, including the Republic’s issuances of COVID relief bonds and debut issuance of SDG bonds.
- Advised the dealer managers in connection with the Republic of Indonesia’s debut tender offer for the its US$1.2 billion bonds.
- Advised Sinochem Hong Kong (Group) Company Limited and the offshore financing platform of Sinochem Holdings on the establishment and annual maintenance of the US$10 billion Median Term Note and Perpetual Securities Programme.
- Advised Sinochem Hong Kong (Group) Company Limited and the offshore financing platform of Sinochem Holdings on the issuances of debt securities totaling more than US$4.2 billion.
- Advised China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd. on the establishment of the US$200 million Euro-Commercial Paper Program by its overseas financing platform. The Program was supported by Letter of Credit issued by Bank of China London Branch.
- Advised Hang Lung Properties Limited on annual maintenance of its US$4 billion EMTN Programme and the issuance of debt securities totaling HK$10 billion.
- Advised the Hong Kong Branch of a leading Japanese bank on annual maintenance of its US$10 billion Certificate of Deposit Programme.
- Advised China Oilfield Services Limited, a subsidiary of CNOOC Limited, on the issuance of US$500 million 1.875% Guaranteed Senior Notes and US$300 million 2.500% Guaranteed Senior Notes.
- Advised Jiayuan International Group Limited on the issuance of US$225 million 13.75% Senior Secured Notes, a portion of which is used to exchange for a portion of US$400 million 12.00% Senior Notes.
- Advised Jiayuan International Group Limited on the issuance of US$225 million 11.375% Senior Secured Notes.
- Advised SOCAM Development Limited on the issuance of US$180 million 6.25% Senior Notes.
- Advised the lead arrangers and dealer managers on the issuance of US$600 million 5.125% bonds the Government of Mongolia and concurrent tender offer for its 10.875% Senior Notes and 5.125% Senior Notes.
- Advised the lead managers on Guoren Property and Casualty Insurance Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Shenzhen Investment Holdings Company Limited, on its debut issuance of US$560 million 3.35% Notes and CNY 250 million 4.2% Notes. This is the first multi-currency bond offering by a PRC insurance company.
- Advised the lead managers on China Jinmao Holdings Group Limited’s issuances of perpetual securities totaling US$900 million.
- Advised the lead managers on China Jinmao Holdings Group Limited’s issuance of US$600 million 3.2% Guaranteed Senior Notes.
- Advised the managers on the debut issuance of US$230 million 10.0% Senior Notes by a leading PRC real estate developer.
- Advised the managers on the debut issuance of US$60 million 4.95% Guaranteed Bonds by Yantai Penglai District Construction Investment Group Co., Ltd.
- Advised the lead managers on Excellence Commercial Properties Co., Ltd.’s issuances of debt securities totaling US$600 million.
- Advised German Investment Corporation on its subscription of US dollar-denominated Convertible Bonds issued by Ho Chi Minh City Development Joint Stock Commercial Bank.
- Advised Midland Loan Services, a subsidiary of PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. as master servicers and/or special servicers in new issuances of CMBS transactions and single asset single borrower transactions involving securities backed by commercial and/or multifamily mortgage loans.
- Advised PNC Bank, National Association as sub-servicers in new issuances of CMBS transactions involving securities backed by commercial mortgage loans.
- Advised multiple public companies regarding compliance and reporting under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Advised Waste Management, Inc. on the acquisition of two leading regional solid waste treatment companies.
- Advised a leading US auto insurance company on its successive acquisitions of three US auto insurance companies.
- Advised one of the largest private companies in the world on its strategic investment in a driving technology company in the United States.
- Advised Asia Clean Capital on establishing a joint venture with EDF, a multinational company controlled by the French state.
University of Illinois College of Law, JD, summa cum laude
Order of Coif
Northwest University of Political Science and Law, LLB, with honors
- China (law license)