Rebecca Seidl is a partner in Mayer Brown's Houston office and a member of the Infrastructure Investment group and Corporate & Securities practice. Her transactional practice is focused on stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions, including advising clients on corporate governance matters. She represents clients in a broad range of industries, including energy companies, chemical companies, infrastructure investment vehicles and agriculture companies.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Rebecca served as senior in-house counsel at BHP overseeing various business units. Rebecca’s in-house experience includes overseeing a number of company subsidies and working closely with corporate secretary functions in support of entity management and governance. During her tenure at BHP, Rebecca worked in Santiago, Chile, residing there for one year, supporting the company’s major growth projects and joint ventures in Chile, Peru and the US. Her experience also includes providing corporate governance guidance on new-country entry into Ecuador.
Rebecca has significant cross-border transactional experience, specifically representing clients in the United States and Latin America. Her experience includes advising clients in energy and infrastructure investments in Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Peru and Argentina.
- Represented ArcelorMittal in its acquisition of an 80% controlling interest in voestalpine’s hot briquette iron plant located in Corpus Christi, Texas with an enterprise value of $1 billion.
- Represented Ironclad Energy Partners, a portfolio company of Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, in its divestiture of RED-Rochester, LLC a tri-generation plant to deliver steam, chilled water and electricity.
- Represented Ironclad Energy Partners in its acquisition of Bucksport Generation, LLC, owner of an electric generation plant in Maine (Project), which was indirectly owned by American Iron & Metal Company, Inc., a Montreal-based metal recovery and recycling company
- Represented Syngenta Crop Protection AG in connection with a corporate merger and acquisition of a Chilean and Spanish independent breeder, producer, and marketer of vegetable seeds.
- Represented a master limited partnership in connection with a $1.6 billion dropdown of midstream assets and a related simplification transaction.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of oil and gas properties for approximately $60 million.
- Represented the management team in the formation and private equity financing for a company focused on acquiring producing mineral, royalty and overriding royalty interests.
- Represented Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited in connection with the $750 million sale of APR Energy Limited to Atlas Corp., a newly formed holding company of Seaspan Corporation.
- Represented a Japanese trading company in connection with its acquisition of a stake in a US mining operation including negotiation of the joint venture agreement with the other parties and a separate joint venture for marketing the offtake.
University of Oklahoma College of Law, 法務博士
Grand Valley State University, BS, with honors, Political Science, Honors College
Oxford University, Brasenose College, Summer Study Abroad in International Legal Studies
- North Dakota
- US District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Women’s Energy Network
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Rebecca Seidl was named “Top 100 Female Lawyers in Latin America,” Latinvex
- Rebecca Seidl was named “20 Under 40 in A&D Advisors,” Oil and Gas Investor