Nadav Klugman is a partner in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office. He focuses his practice on global project finance and infrastructure investment. He regularly represents borrowers (including private equity funds, private finance companies and IPPs) and financiers (including commercial banks, official lenders, development banks, other institutional investors and export credit agencies) in connection with a wide range of complex project financings and refinancings and private acquisitions and divestitures of infrastructure.
Nadav also frequently represents both lenders and funds in various asset classes. Chambers USA 2018 lists Nadav as a Recognized Practitioner, USA-Nationwide, Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy. IFLR1000 Americas 2017 Banking & Finance firm rankings lists Nadav as a “Rising Star”. Nadav is listed in Legal 500 USA 2017 Banking & Finance firm rankings as a “Next Generation” lawyer.
Nadav joined Mayer Brown in 2007.
- Represented OPIC on the financing of the 15 MW Los Santos solar project in Mexico.
- Represent the lenders in a debt financing aggregation facility secured by a revolving portfolio of solar energy projects, many of which are jointly-owned by third-party fund investors.
- Represented the initial purchasers in the SolarCity LMC IV securitization, the first securitization of cash flows representing a sponsor’s interest in pools of solar energy projects that are jointly-owned by third-party fund investors.
- Represented Deutsche Bank on the debt financing of 7 back-leverage loans, each made to finance the sponsor’s interest in a tax-equity financed pool of residential solar projects.
- Represented the lenders on the separate debt financings of the priority cash flows associated with two portfolios of 4 tax equity investments in 10 wind projects throughout the United States.
- Represented a leading global bank and The Bank of New York Mellon on structured equity investments in the 86 MW Golden Hills wind project in California and the 199 MW Cedar Bluff wind project in Kansas, the 249 MW Golden West wind project in Colorado, the 199 MW Seiling I wind project and the 100 MW Seiling II wind project, both in Oklahoma and the 250 MW Palo Duro wind project in Texas and Oklahoma.
- Represented a leading global bank on structured equity investments in the 200 MW Headwaters wind project in Indiana, the 75 MW Steele Flats wind project in Nebraska, the 298 MW Canadian Hills wind project in Oklahoma and the 150 MW Pioneer Trail wind project in Illinois.
- Represented Starwood Energy Group in connection with the acquisition of the 550 MW combined cycle Quail Run project in Texas and Lakeside Generation LLC, a 369 MW portfolio of three natural gas facilities, one located in Pennsylvania and two in New York.
- Represented SunEdison in connection with a structured equity investment in the 105 MW Palouse wind project in Washington.
Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude
Brandeis University, BA, summa cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa; Dean's List