David M. Harrison
Antitrust & Competition, Chemicals, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
David Harrison has practised competition law for over 30 years in London and Brussels, and has advised numerous major global corporations in a wide range of sectors.
He has represented parties to some of the largest global cartel investigations of recent years, including the European Commission’s investigations concerning automotive parts, foreign exchange and freight forwarding, as well as various national investigations within the European Union and other jurisdictions worldwide.
- Represented a major Japanese automotive parts supplier in relation to the European Commission’s wire harness investigation, a related UK criminal investigation and other investigations worldwide.
- Advised a global investment bank on the competition aspects of the foreign exchange investigations by various authorities.
- Represented an international freight forwarding group in relation to a worldwide series of cartel investigations.
- Advised on various national cartel investigations (e.g. construction, construction materials, sports goods retailing, CD pricing), and as lead counsel in relation to cartel investigations outside the EU (e.g. in the insurance sector).
- Assisted clients at dawn raids by the EU and UK competition authorities, and advised on successful applications for immunity/leniency, settlement and criminal law aspects.
- "David Harrison is a first rate competition lawyer. Trusted by clients and great to work with. A sixth sense of how to deliver excellent outcomes for clients." He is a trusted advisor for major global corporations seeking guidance on cartel investigations and merger clearance matters. Legal 500.
- Benefiting from the firm’s foothold across four continents, Mayer Brown International LLP’s competition lawyers act closely with their colleagues in Brussels and Paris on both transactional and behavioural matters. The team excels in merger control matters and investigations, but also counts contentious competition work as another key strength, for which it collaborates with the wider litigation and dispute resolution department. David Harrison leads the practice. Legal 500.
- David Harrison of Mayer Brown LLP has a particular focus on merger clearance matters. Sources highlight his "understanding of hi-tech elements and ability to pursue lots of international dimensions at once." Harrison also represents clients in CMA and European Commission investigations. Chambers Europe.
- Magdalen College, Oxford, (Open Exhibition) MA Jurisprudence
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, Licence Spéciale en Droit Européen
- Member of the EU Law Committee of the Law Society of England & Wales from 2002-12.
- Member of the Joint Working Party on Competition Law of the Bars and Law Societies of England and Wales.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the UK State Aid Law Association.
- American Bar Association.