Elmar Günther is Of Counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown in Germany. As a member of Mayer Brown’s Real Estate practice, he advises domestic and foreign institutional investors and banks on direct and indirect real estate investments as well as on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures.
Elmar deepened his knowledge and understanding of real estate industry during secondments with a bank specialized on commercial real estate financing in London and with an international real estate investment fund.
Furthermore, as a member of Mayer Brown's Private Clients, Trusts & Estates practice, Elmar advises on intricate cross-border as well as domestic matters regarding estate planning and wealth transfer for high net worth individuals and their families.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Elmar is admitted and appointed as a German civil law notary with official residence in Frankfurt am Main.
- Advising BEOS AG, a company owned by real estate investor Swiss Life Asset Managers, on the acquisition of the hereditary building rights for 153,000 square meters of space in the Frankfurt-Griesheim industrial park from SGL Carbon.
- Advising DBAG on its acquisition of akquinet and two data processing centers.
- Advising Lear Corporation on acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit.
- Advising BNP Paribas on the extension of the Allgäu Center Parcs in Germany.
- Advising Arminius Real Estate Opportunity Fund I on the acquisition and its financing of a portfolio of commercial mortgage backed property loans totalling a value of ca EUR 630 million from Deutsche Bank AG, London.
- Advising Capmark Bank Europe on various real estate finance transactions in Germany to facilitate the acquisition of a distribution centre, office and retail properties in Germany.
- Advising Internationales Immobilien-Institut on the letting of 40,000 sqm in a Leipzig property.
- Advising Lone Star on the purchase and financing of various performing and non-performing loan portfolios from international banks.
- Advising opportunistic Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds on the divestment of several properties.
- Advising value added retail investment fund on refinancing several real properties worth EUR 42 million.
Notarial Qualification Examination, Frankfurt am Main/Berlin
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Frankfurt am Main
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Maîtrise en Droit mention Droit Public, Université Paris X Nanterre, France
First State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main
University of Frankfurt am Main
- Notary, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- German Lawyers' Association (DAV)
- Frankfurt Lawyers' Association
- Society for real estate industry research (gif e.V.)
- "often recommended" as a notary public – JUVE Handbook 2021/2022
- "very competent and very good service" (law firm) – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021
- "often recommended" as a notary public – JUVE Handbook 2020/2021