is 'highly professional and an excellent communicator'Legal 500 2020, Next Generation Partner
Danuta de Vries is counsel in the Banking & Finance practice of the London office. Danuta has extensive experience acting for banks, financial institutions and a variety of borrowing entities on a broad range of domestic and international finance transactions, particularly in the areas of project finance, export finance, real estate finance and asset based lending. Her project finance work focuses on mining and minerals sector. She has vast experience working in emerging market jurisdictions, including in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. She is a member of the firm’s Africa group which provides support to clients with an interest in African jurisdictions.
Danuta joined Mayer Brown in 2007. While at Mayer Brown she has completed client secondments at the legal department of Fortis Bank (currently BNP Paribas), Prime Brokerage/Equity Finance legal team at J.P. Morgan Chase Bank and most recently, Real Estate Finance and Project & Export Finance teams at HSBC Bank plc where she worked on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, including financings supported by various Export Credit Agencies.
The College of Law, London, European Young Lawyers Scheme
University of Poznan, Poland, Master of Law degree
- European Lawyers Association
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and 'key lawyer' for Emerging Markets. Counsel Danuta De Vries and senior associate Emma Sturt are known for project and export finance work. (Legal 500 2022);
- Listed as a 'Next Generation Partner' and 'key lawyer' for Emerging Markets. Counsel Danuta De Vries and export finance associate Emma Sturt also play key roles in the practice. (Legal 500 2021);
- Next Generation Lawyer and listed under 'Other key lawyers' 'Newly promoted counsel Danuta De Vries is 'highly professional and an excellent communicator'' (Legal 500 2020 Emerging Markets);
- Next Generation Lawyer and rising star (Legal 500 2018 Emerging Markets);
- Ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer in emerging markets (Legal 500 2017); ... and senior associate Danuta de Vries are "all very commercial and experienced in the mining sector" Legal 500 2017.
- Recommended by Legal 500 2015.