Liliana M. Coutinho is an associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and the Anti-Corruption & Compliance practices of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. She has experience in conducting internal investigations and in the interaction and cooperation with local and international authorities. She advises in cases on violations to anti-corruption legislation in Brazil and abroad, in the implementation and review of compliance programs, anti-corruption due diligence and risk assessments. Liliana also has experience in litigation and in providing advice on constitutional law and administrative law matters. Before joining Tauil & Chequer Advogados, Liliana practiced in prestigious law firms in Washington, DC and in Brasilia, Brazil.
- Conducting independent internal investigations, including investigations in multinational companies of the petrochemical, agribusiness, aerospace and transportation sectors;
- Assisting in the response to subpoenas and requests from public authorities (Brazilian Federal Prosecution Office, Federal Police, Public Attorney Offices, the World Bank, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission);
- Support in the representation of clients in cooperation procedures with foreign authorities (the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission);
- Risk assessment and due diligence of commercial transactions of international telecommunications companies;
- Drafting and reviewing Anti-corruption and Compliance clauses in commercial contracts;
- Assistance in a commercial litigation in Florida involving a Brazilian company of the agribusiness sector;
- Litigation in the federal justice system in Brazil, including in the Superior Court of Justice and in the Federal Supreme Court.
Columbia Law School, LLM
Pennsylvania State University, Intensive Introduction to U.S. Law
Brazilian Institute of Public Law
Specialist in Administrative Law
University of Brasília, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association