We have a comprehensive track record in assisting Japanese clients across a broad range of practice areas and sectors in Asia, Europe and the Americas, as well as non-Japanese clients in Japan-related transactions. Following is a representative sample:
- Advising Japanese clients on outbound M&A and global business expansion. We also assist clients with business integration following mergers and share sales, including advising on corporate and commercial matters involving intellectual property, employment and tax issues.
- Advising on projects and infrastructure in the energy, natural resources, mining, transportation and telecommunications sectors involving billions of US dollars
- Advising Japanese banks and financial institutions on loan financing, securitization and litigation.
- Advising Japanese banks, syndicated lenders and shipping companies on shipping finance, including LNG tanker financing involving multi-currency loans, as well as charter party agreements and conversion and repair contracts.
- Advising Japanese multinational conglomerates on regulatory (including antitrust) approvals and related issues and transactional matters
- Advising trading conglomerates and pharmaceutical companies on anti-corruption, public procurement, construction and dispute resolution matters.
- Advising insurance and reinsurance companies on transactional and regulatory matters.
- Advising on government and global trade matters, including EU and international trade, customs and anti-dumping.
- Providing seminars and training for the Japanese Business Council for Europe (JBCE).
- Acting for Japanese automotive companies in litigation, class actions, and government investigations, in addressing product liability and regulatory compliance issues and in working with trade groups that include Japanese motor vehicle manufacturer members.