Our Hong Kong Healthcare Team is dedicated to offering legal assistance on a wide range of medico-legal matters.
We have decades of experience advising public and private healthcare institutions, healthcare professionals, healthcare indemnity providers and insurance companies on among others, medical malpractice claims and complaints, disciplinary proceedings, death inquests and other regulatory matters.
With healthcare being one of the fastest growing and highly regulated industries in the world with constantly changing regulatory and enforcement environments, the industry knowledge and technical experience of the Healthcare Team in Hong Kong as well as the global platform of Mayer Brown put us in a unique position to provide one-stop services tailored to the needs of the healthcare industry, including listed and international healthcare providers and global insurance companies.
Specifically, the Hong Kong Healthcare Team offers legal advice/assistance in relation to:
- Medical malpractice/negligence claims and complaints against healthcare professionals and institutions
- Death inquests
- Disciplinary proceedings against healthcare professionals (e.g., Medical/Dental Council proceedings)
- Judicial reviews against decisions of disciplinary tribunals
- Professional ethics and rules concerning healthcare professionals
- Compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g., Private Healthcare Facilities Ordinance)
- Mediation for medical malpractice/negligence claims
- Public inquiries/investigations concerning epidemic/adverse clinical incidents
Download our contact sheet.