Anti-corruption regulators from around the globe are focused on the financial services industry. Please join Mayer Brown partners Alistair Graham (London), Kelly Kramer (Washington DC), and Laurence Urgenson (Washington DC) as they address such questions as:
- What are the most pressing anticorruption enforcement issues facing financial institutions?
- What are the implications of the US DOJ's focus on prosecuting individuals in FCPA cases?
- What risks do hedge funds and private equity investors face when investing in companies with corruption issues? How can those risks be mitigated most effectively?
- How are anti-bribery norms being enforced in Europe? Are banks facing penalties for devising inadequate anti-bribery programs?
- Will the new Bribery Act and the new Director of the SFO mark a new prosecutorial approach to enforcement? Will the high-profile claims against the SFO impact its effectiveness?
- What should financial institutions do in response to the emerging enforcement of anti-graft laws in countries such as China and Brazil?