Please join us on April 8, 2014, for a discussion of global trends and recent developments in insurance industry M&A and corporate finance.
Speakers include key executives from life and property/casualty insurance companies as well as insurance regulators and actuarial, banking and legal advisers to the insurance industry.
We are pleased to announce that we will be joined by Thomas B. Leonardi, Insurance Commissioner of the State of Connecticut and James R. Mumford, First Deputy Insurance Commissioner of the State of Iowa.
During our lunch break we will hear from our featured speaker, Patrick G. Ryan, Chairman and CEO, Ryan Specialty Group, LLC.
The event also will include the following guest speakers:
- James Anderson, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development/Financial Planning & Analysis, CNA
- Brian Z. Brown, Principal and Consulting Actuary, Milliman Inc.
- Neil Chawhan, Senior Director, Financial Institutions Group, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Donald M. Callahan, Managing Principal, Vanbridge LLC
- David A. Gates, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Scor Global Life Americas
- Patricia A. Henry, Global Government Affairs Officer, ACE Group
- George C. Johns, Principal, Investment Banking, Sandler O’Neill & Partners LP
- Isolde O’Hanlon, Managing Director, BMO Capital Markets
- Michael J. Millette, Managing Director, Structured Finance, Goldman Sachs
- Michael A. Pedraja, Managing Director, Aon Benfield Securities
- Kenneth R. Pierce, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Vanbridge LLC
- Jeff Poulin, Senior Vice President, Canada Life Reinsurance
- Thomas Solomon, Managing Director, Citigroup
- Edward Torres, Director, Capital Market Reinsurance Solutions, PartnerRe
- Thomas C. Walsh, Managing Director, Head of Global Fundamental Credit Research, Barclays
- Brandon C. Young, Chief Operating Officer, Southport Re
Topics to be addressed include:
- Regulatory developments that are impacting insurance industry transactions.
- Changing capital requirements and how they are impacting the insurance and M&A markets.
- How will economic growth impact insurance industry merger and acquisition activity in 2014?
- What role will private equity have in insurance M&A?
- M&A strategies and ways that insurers and reinsurers can create a competitive advantage through domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. What alternative growth strategies make sense in today’s market?
- Life/annuity reserve financing structures.
- Alternative financing and convergence and the growing role of sidecars, and alternative capital platforms.
- Deal structures and related issues such as when Rep and warranty, covenants, closing conditions and indemnity coverage should be included.
- Renewal rights, runoff acquisitions/exists and “buy to kill” trends.