8 February 2016
London - Mayer Brown has been ranked in five jurisdictions in the 2016 edition of the Global Competition Review 100 (GCR 100), a guide to the world’s leading competition practices:
- An “Elite” ranking in Illinois
- A “Highly Recommended” ranking in California
- “Recommended” rankings in London, New York and Washington DC
Compiled by the staff of Global Competition Review, the GCR 100 analyzes more than 300 competition law firms in 50 jurisdictions across the globe.
Mayer Brown’s Antitrust & Competition practice comprises more than 70 lawyers throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, who advise on the full range of antitrust and competition issues, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, distribution & licensing
- Government criminal and civil non-merger investigations, particularly cartels and abuse of dominance
- Litigation, including trial and appellate matters
The group includes former high-ranking US Justice Department officials, a former US state attorney general and many highly-regarded members of the US and European antitrust bar. Mayer Brown’s global network of counseling resources and its ability to offer a multinational perspective enable the firm to provide integrated advice, which is an important advantage in dealing with the increased cooperation between competition authorities around the world.