In this edition:
- Court enforcement of an adjudication award - can a challenge send the decision to arbitration?
- Notice of Dissatisfaction – did it make clear what it was challenging?
- Liquidated damages provisions: when might they be void for uncertainty? If not, might they operate as a cap on general damages?
- Court tackles key issues in £8million cladding claim
- Cladding dispute judgment: the experts’ role in interpreting Building Regs. and associated materials; Approved Documents and BBA certificates
- Assessing the reasonable skill and care standard; is what everyone else was doing good enough?
- Causation: is it always the ‘but for’ test?
- Is a claimant’s recovery limited to what is reasonable? Does reliance on expert advice help?
- Waking watch costs – too remote?
- Building Safety Act Guidance and explanatory notes
- New BSI competence standards: frameworks, requirements and code of practice
- Building Safety Act: sections 126-129 in force
- Building Safety Act: leaseholder guidance
- Building Safety pledge: Levelling Up Secretary gives update and issues warning to irresponsible house builders
- NEC secondary Option X29 supports combatting climate change
- Government announces fast track planning route for major infrastructure projects
Stay up-to-date on our perspectivesSubscribe to Email