Recently proposed legislation in the US along with rising tensions between the US and China present significant challenges for US-listed companies with substantial operations in China.
During this webinar hosted by the Practising Law Institute (PLI), Mayer Brown LLP partners, Jason T. Elder and Christina M. Thomas, will explain the details of the Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act, how it potentially impacts US-listed Chinese companies, and options and mechanics for US-listed Chinese companies to exit the US public markets. Topics will include:
- Recent SEC guidance and public statements;
- Take-private transactions, such as negotiated acquisitions, buybacks, and tender offers;
- Delisting from the NYSE and Nasdaq;
- Deregistering securities registered with the US SEC;
- Secondary (to primary) listings in Hong Kong; and
- What’s next for issuers facing these uncertainties.
To learn more and to register, please visit the event website.