International Trade, Sanctions & Export Controls, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Paul Whitfield-Jones focuses on regulatory compliance, transactional advice and investigations in the areas of economic sanctions, export controls, anti-corruption, foreign direct investment and money laundering. Paul has advised clients in a broad array of sectors, including defence, space, energy, finance, insurance, transport and engineering.
- Providing on-going support and advice to the group export controls team of a major defence company.
- Part-time secondment to the trade compliance team of a major international engineering company.
- Assisting a major aerospace company on conducting a group-wide risk assessment relating to sanctions and export controls, and developing a suite of sanctions and export control policies and procedures based on findings from the risk assessment.
- Supported an independent integrity compliance consultancy reporting to the African Development Bank (AfDB) in relation to a large Chinese company debarred by the AfDB and other MDBs.
- Assisting an international engineering company with a risk assessment of its third party agents and distributers.
- Listed as a key lawyer for EU and Competition, "Paul Whitfield-Jones is extremely skillful in this area." "Engaging, very knowledgeable and hugely supportive and helpful. Whilst I realise that I only know a handful of people there, Paul Whitfield-Jones and Jason Hungerford give me nothing but total confidence in the capabilities of the rest of their staff" Legal 500.
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales