Kay-Jannes Wegner is both civil and common law qualified and has extensive experience representing clients in Asia and around the world in cross-border disputes arising out of a wide range of sectors including construction, power projects, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, and joint ventures. In addition to acting as counsel in proceedings under the rules of major arbitration institutions, Kay-Jannes has experience sitting as arbitrator in international disputes.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Kay-Jannes practiced international arbitration for over 20 years at leading international firms in London, South Korea and Singapore.
- A Korean client in arbitration proceedings arising out of an agreement to supply major equipment for a large power plant project in the Middle East. Seat: ICC Arbitration, Seoul.
- A Singaporean company in arbitration proceedings against a Korean company in relation to a contract for construction of a large warehouse in South Korea based on the FIDIC Red Book. Seat: ICC Arbitration, Seoul.
- A Korean company in relation to a dispute relating to the construction of a nuclear power plant in the Middle East.
- A German multinational company in arbitration proceedings against a Korean counterparty in relation to a contract for supply of major equipment for the construction of a power plant in South Korea. Seat: ICC Arbitration, Seoul.
- Litigation Star - International Arbitration, Singapore – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific
- Leading Individual - International Arbitration, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Leading Individual - Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Singapore – Chambers Global
- Leading Individual - Dispute Resolution: Arbitration, Singapore – Chambers Asia Pacific
- Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Düsseldorf
- First State Law Examination, Cologne
- University of Cologne
- University of Durham
- University of Würzburg
Inscription au Barreau
- England and Wales