Managing Partner of Dubai Office
Tahan (Tom) A. Thraya
Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures Strategic Alliances
"his experience and technical knowledge are incredibly impressive."
"truly an expert in M&A, business-oriented and highly responsive"
Tom Thraya advises both private and public clients in the areas of cross-border and domestic mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, international and domestic joint ventures, private equity and global corporate reorganizations.
He also advises clients on international and domestic commercial agreements, foreign direct investment, regulatory and governmental matters, employment, including immigration matters, and compliance-related advice and investigations, litigation/arbitration support and general corporate and commercial counseling.
- Canadian-based company in a joint venture in Saudi Arabia for the construction of the region's largest shopping mall and entertainment complex.
- US-based multinational in a joint venture/strategic alliance with an arm of the Dubai Government relating to ride-hailing services and technology.
- US-based multinational on a significant joint venture in Saudi Arabia relating to laboratory testing services and facilities.
- US-based futures-trading company on an acquisition of a complimentary business in the Emirate of Dubai.
- European-based beverages company on an acquisition of a complimentary business in the Emirate of Dubai.
- US-based diabetes treatment medical company on a strategic alliance with a Dubai-based hospital and medical group.
- US-based multinational in a joint venture with an arm of the Sharjah Government relating to print-on-demand services.
- Saudi-based defense services company on an acquisition of a US-based manufacturing company.
- US-based multinational defense firm on a significant joint venture in Saudi Arabia.
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation in a joint venture/hotel management arrangement with Meraas for the development of two luxury hotels (including a Caesars Palace), a conference centre and a beach club at Bluewaters in Dubai.
- Ranked and specially mentioned for M&A, Corporate, and Commercial matters as "highly regarded" and a "key contact partner for M&A work" by Chambers Global.
- "His experience and technical knowledge are incredibly impressive." – Chambers Global
- Ranked as a Leading Attorney in the Middle East by IFLR1000.
- "Truly an expert in M&A, business-oriented and highly responsive." - Legal 500
- "An impressive transactional record." - Legal 500
- "Excellent work product and very hands-on." – Chambers Global
- Listed in MENA Fund Manager Service Provider Power 50.
- University of Michigan Law School, JD
- University of Calgary, BA, with honors
Inscription au Barreau
- Emirate of Dubai
- Not admitted in the District of Columbia. Practicing under the supervision of firm principals.
Engagement professionnel et communautaire
- Muslim Bar Association of Chicago
- American Bar Association
- Arab-American Bar Association